Friday 24 July 2020

Algebra

W.A.L.T   Use in Algebra the Order of Operations
1st Brackets
2nd Exponents
THEN Division and multiplication
LAST Subtraction and Addition 

This week my class has started algebra. Algebra is a type of maths that uses letters. 

If you had an equation like this and you had to read it to the class it would be much easier to say X - to = 4 rather than empty box - 2 = 4

2=4

x2=4
The X in this equation =6. You don't only have to use x, for different numbers you use different letters.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments. 
Positive - something I have done well.
Thoughtful - a sentence or more that  lets me know you that you read/watched or listened to what I had to say.
Helpful - please give me some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.